Thursday, May 21, 2009

Getting back to normal

I guess I haven't added to this for awhile. The truth is, no news is good news. Life is getting back to normal. Routines are being established and re-established. I'm much more relaxed without going back and forth from the hospital every day. I haven't had a conversation with a doctor in 10 days and I like it. There are still health issues that are ongoing. Scott's medications are always interesting. Blood work is being done weekly and changes to meds are made accordingly. Scott is still building up strength. He has an enormous appetite and good energy. We're just waiting for his muscles to catch up to his heart. It would also be really nice if his kidneys started to pull their weight but so far they're pretty lazy. We are scheduled for training on peritoneal dialysis near the end of June. The incision from the hernia surgery is still a big question mark complicating the new dialysis plan. It's nice to not have any big worries and concerns but it still takes patience to wait for the little things that just take time. I can be patient! At least we have a time together to work this all out. That's all I really wanted. Whenever I think things are taking too long I just have to remember the first few days after Scott's transplant. All I wanted at that time was the chance to be with Scott longer. Every day we have together is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment